2024 Prep Enrolments will open April 24th 2023.
Please download forms or collect from our front office after this date.
Prep Information Night
A big welcome to all new families who are joining our school in 2022. Our virtual Prep info night, for Prep families who would like to view it, is below. Feel free to email or call the school with any further questions.
Prep Information Night
In Victoria your child needs to have turned 5 on or before the 30th April before he/she can legally start school. Parents can legally defer enrolment for their child until the child is six years old.
Parents and carers can visit Starting school to find information and answers to frequently asked questions on:
Zoning and placement policy
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.
Students residing in our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
For more information
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: email@example.com
When Enrolling your child you will need to bring the following:
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate)
- Immunisation Certificate from The Australian Childhood Immunisation Register
Once you have enrolled your child at Grey Street, a letter outlining all the transition dates and information will be given to you.
Under the Department of Education and Training’s Parent Payments Policy, Victorian government schools are required to provide transparent information to their school community on voluntary parent/carer contributions.
The following documents outline the voluntary parent/carer contributions at our school:
The wearing of school uniform is compulsory.
- Grey Street Uniform List
- Beleza School Wear in Seymour Street stock a range of Grey Street uniform pieces
- Uniform items can also be purchased at K-Mart, Best & Less etc.
- The school stocks the following items;
Hats – $7
School Bags – $40
Book Satchels – $12
- The clothes listed can be worn year round.
- Children must wear their school hats in Terms 1 & 4.
- As young children often do not recognise their own belongings, we cannot emphasise enough the need to LABEL ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING (bags, shoes, lunch boxes, water bottles, hats, jumpers, track pants, library bags, art smocks).
- Second hand uniform items can be purchased from the Wellbeing Team for a gold coin donation
- If your child needs to catch a bus to or from school a form must be filled in with the enrolment form. Once this is filled in we can enter them on our bus schedule ready for the start of the year.
- All Prep students catching a bus are escorted to the bus collection point at the end of the day and the bus coordinator makes sure they get on the correct bus.
- Bus travel permission form
- A sturdy but easy to open lunch satchel or box and drink bottle needs to be provided and named clearly. We aim for rubbish free. The recommended drink for drink bottles is water