2022 Prep Enrolments
2021 Prep Orientation Dates:
Tuesday 9th November 2021 – 9.30am – 11.00am
Tuesday 16th November 2021 – 9.30am – 11.00am
Tuesday 23rd November 2021 – 2.00pm – 3.25pm
Tuesday 30th November 2021 – 2.00pm – 3.25pm
Tuesday 7th December 2021 – 9.30am – 11.00am
Prep Information Night
A big welcome to all new families who are joining our school in 2022. Our virtual Prep info night, for Prep families who would like to view it, is below. Feel free to email or call the school with any further questions.
Prep Information Night
In Victoria your child needs to have turned 5 on or before the 30th April before he/she can legally start school. Parents can legally defer enrolment for their child until the child is six years old.
Zoning and placement policy
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.
Students residing in our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
For more information
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: email@example.com
When Enrolling your child you will need to bring the following:
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate)
- Immunisation Certificate from The Australian Childhood Immunisation Register
Once you have enrolled your child at Grey Street, a letter outlining all the transition dates and information will be given to you.
School Fees are requested each year for expendable items such as books and materials. Educational Supplies may be picked up from Grey Street before the school year starts. Included in your Educational Supplies are items such as books, textas, colouring pencils, writing pencils and other necessary equipment.
The wearing of school uniform is compulsory.
- Grey Street Uniform List
- Beleza School Wear in Seymour Street stock a range of Grey Street uniform pieces
- Uniform items can also be purchased at K-Mart, Best & Less etc.
- The school stocks the following items;
Hats – $7
School Bags – $40
Book Satchels – $12
- The clothes listed can be worn year round.
- Children must wear their school hats in Terms 1 & 4.
- As young children often do not recognise their own belongings, we cannot emphasise enough the need to LABEL ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING (bags, shoes, lunch boxes, water bottles, hats, jumpers, track pants, library bags, art smocks).
- Second hand uniform items can be purchased from the Wellbeing Team for a gold coin donation
- If your child needs to catch a bus to or from school a form must be filled in with the enrolment form. Once this is filled in we can enter them on our bus schedule ready for the start of the year.
- All Prep students catching a bus are escorted to the bus collection point at the end of the day and the bus coordinator makes sure they get on the correct bus.
- Bus travel permission form
- A sturdy but easy to open lunch satchel or box and drink bottle needs to be provided and named clearly. We aim for rubbish free. The recommended drink for drink bottles is water
- Lunch orders are available from a local supplier. There is an updated list will be each year
- 2021 Lunch Order Price List